The singer and her two children saved from poisoning scare after Charlotte’s granddad fits a carbon monoxide detector
Celebrity mum-of-two Charlotte Church escaped potential carbon monoxide poisoning after she discovered that her boiler was leaking the deadly gas into her family home.
The 24-year-old singer recently moved into her new house in South Wales with her children, Ruby, 3, and Dexter, 2, following her split from Gavin Henson. Charlotte had been complaining of headaches and was advised by her granddad to have a carbon monoxide detector fitted in her home.
And it looks like granddad’s advice saved Charlotte and her children from potential poisoning as the singer discovered that her boiler had been leaking carbon monoxide.
“Charlotte was terrified when she found out what had been happening and she’s feels lucky to be alive,” a source told Closer magazine. “Thanks to her granddad, Charlotte and her children are fine.”
Carbon monoxide is responsible for 50 deaths per year and is known as the ‘silent killer’ because it can’t be seen and is odourless. To find out how to protect your home, take a look at the gas health and safety section of HSE.
© Immediate Media Company Ltd 2012. This website is owned and published by Immediate Media Company Limited. www.immediatemedia.co.uk