Submitted by MFM reader Elizabeth Player
450g good quality steak mince
1 large onion
Mug of porridge oats
Dash of brown sauce
Double dash of tomato ketchup
Splash of Worcester sauce
1 egg, beaten
Salt and pepper to season
1. Place mince in a large mixing bowl.
2. Finely chop the onion and stir thoroughly into the mince.
3. Add in beaten egg and mix.
4. Add brown sauce, ketchup and Worcester sauce and mix. The mixture will be very wet at this point.
5. Gradually add in porridge oats and stir until the mixture is firm. Add more oats if necessary.
6. Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper and tip mixture into the tin. Sprinkle with cooking oil and cover loosely with foil.
7. Cook in an oven preheated to 180 degrees centigrade for 40 minutes.
8. Remove foil and cook for a further 20 minutes to brown the top.
9. Remove from oven, allow to cool for 10 minutes, then slice.
Serve with mashed potato and vegetables.
© Immediate Media Company Ltd 2012. This website is owned and published by Immediate Media Company Limited. www.immediatemedia.co.uk