Submitted by MFM reader Victoria Ashley
300g Arborio rice
200g trout fillet (cut into cubes)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1 small white leek stem (sliced)
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1 tablespoon chopped chives
1 glass white wine
1 litre chicken stock
1 tablespoon cream
150g of asparagus tips
150g diced butternut squash
70g grated Parmesan
Salt and pepper
1. Melt 40g butter and oil in a pan. Fry leek, garlic and butternut squash for one minute without browning.
2. Sizzle in the wine and thyme. Add in the rice and chicken stock.
3. Bring to the boil. Simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Gently stir in the trout, asparagus and cream. Add a little more stock if necessary. Cover and simmer very gently for three minutes. Stir every minute till the rice is soft and creamy and the fish is cooked.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the rest of the butter and half the chopped chives.
Serve hot, sprinkled with parmesan and chopped chives.
© Immediate Media Company Ltd 2012. This website is owned and published by Immediate Media Company Limited. www.immediatemedia.co.uk