Suitable from 12 months. Makes four portions
4 large red or yellow peppers
300g beef mince
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 onions, chopped finely
100g grated parmesan plus a little extra for garnishing
10g fresh parsley
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon mixed Mediterranean herbs
700g tomato passata
1. Cook the rice in hot water for around 5 minutes until half cooked. Remove from the heat and drain.
2. Carefully cut off the tops of the peppers to create caps. Clean the peppers well inside, removing seeds and white flesh. Leave stalk on.
3. Mix the rice, mince, eggs, onions, parmesan, parsley, salt and herbs. Stuff the mixture into the peppers. Secure a cap on each pepper using a couple of toothpicks.
4. Place the peppers in a tall saucepan (choose one where the peppers can stand close to each other) and add the passata so peppers are covered up to three quarters of their height. Add water if required. Cover and cook for 30-40 minutes on moderate heat.
5. Remove the toothpicks and serve hot, sprinkled with some parmesan and accompanied by a fresh salad.
Remove the filling and puree for a baby. For a vegetarian version, substitute soya mince.
© Immediate Media Company Ltd 2012. This website is owned and published by Immediate Media Company Limited. www.immediatemedia.co.uk