Suitable from six months (pureed). Makes three adult portions
1 large courgette
75g split red lentils
75g frozen peas
2tbsp tomato puree
400ml vegetable stock (home made or made with a reduced salt cube)
Salt and pepper, to season
1. Chop all the vegetables (except the peas) into large chunks. Place in the slow cooker.
2. Add the lentils to the slow cooker bowl.
3. Stir the tomato puree into the hot stock and pour into the slow cooker bowl.
4. Cook on a medium heat for 4-6 hours.
5. Half an hour before the end of the cooking time, stir in the frozen peas.
6. Remove a baby portion from the bowl and puree. Season the adult portions with salt and pepper. Serve with granary bread.
Suitable for freezing.
Suitable for vegetarians.
© Immediate Media Company Ltd 2012. This website is owned and published by Immediate Media Company Limited. www.immediatemedia.co.uk