Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Can anyone recommend a light/ projector to help with sleep?

My lo has real trouble dropping off but sometimes I do find him nearly there by staring at his mobile. Trouble is the noise of the motor seems to wake him just as he's about to drop off. I wondered whether a light show/ projector might help him? Ideally I would like one which isn't too stimulating and also it might be good if the sounds (which I think most of them have) can be turned off if desired.

Any advice would be great, thx x

Replies

• the best one we have found is also the cheapest! Don't you love it when that happens?! It's the Tomy Light Show, the one shaped like a star, hang on I'll get you the link -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tomy-2008-Starlight-Dreamshow/dp/B00020IPDW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295785894&sr=8-1

Very portable, easy to take away, simple, and she LOVES it - we had a couple more expensive ones initially that both broke very quickly and needed taken back, and also overstimulated her - this is great! If she's still awake when I put her down for a nap, I cuddle her up with her penguin and stick this one, a HUGE smile breaks out, and once it switches itself off - you can set it to 5 or 10 mins - she's out!

HTH
  • Completely agree with post above for the the Tomy Dreamshow - it has worked a treat since it was received as a Christmas present for my now 6 month old.
  • Yep yep yep for the tomy dreamshow!!! Sophia doesn't have it on much but it was the only thing that would settle her to sleep the other night! It's great for the mornings too when you want them to stay in their cot a bit longer!!! xx
  • We got one from ELC. I chose it because it has a volume button and remote control and it is noise activated. I set at night to mute and there is a projector on the ceiling and lights on the actual machine. If he wakes crying the light show starts automatically up and it sooths him back off to sleep without the music waking him even more. I take the remote in bed with me and can control it from there. It was one of the best things we bought. It was about ??20 as far as I can remember.
  • We have the Vtech baby bear sweet dream too. Both my boys love it. Helps keep them quiet in the mornings while I get their breakfast ready as well.

We got one given to us when the boys were born and we soon went to get another - good buy.

xxx
  • We have the fisher price ocean wonders, its brillant it has 2 different images for younger and older babies and 2 different choices of sounds x
  • We wanted one without sound or movement so we got a twilight turtle and we love him! x
  • I purchased the Ocean Wonders by Fisher Price. But was having difficulty figuring out which baby projector to buy also.  So, I actually put a website together called www.babyprojectors.com.  it gives reviews and comparisons to the projectors out there.  hope it can help. thanks.