Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Infacol/Gripe Water

Hi all

This might sound drastic, but does anyone know if its ok to use Infacol and Gripe Water at the same time. I know Infacol works on bottom wind while gripe water helps with burping. Mine is so windy at the moment he is misrable. Hes having major issues at both ends, hes going bolt straight and around his lips are blue (not his lips). If I should only use one which is best??

Replies

• Options
    i found gripe water much better than infacol. cudnt wait till brooke was 1 month so we cud use it and never looked back. not sure about using them at the same time though...
  • Options
    Hi, Henry had v bad wind at first both ends and we found infacol a treat - worked really well!

We tried gripe water once and he hated it- tried it again a month later and still hated it - think the infacol tastes nicer???!

He grew out of the wind after about 6 weeks, good luck. xxx
  • Options
    i asked the hv this and they said best not to use both together either one or the other

but then in my experience hv and midwifes all say different things dont they - talk to yours see what she says

xx
  • Options
    when Erin was a bit younger she had real problems with wind and we were constantly walking her around trying all different positions etc in the end we would give her infacol at the start of feed and gripe water after i know it seems a bit extreme it worked and we only needed to do it for a few days until things improved then we just stuck to infacol after that and still use it now. sometimes we think it doesn't do anything so we stop using it and then then problems return!
  • Options
    Maybe try asking a pharmacist as they are trained to advise on medicines and might know more than a hv about it. Mez123 - I have just done the same - stopped my lo's infacol as I thought it wasn;t doing anything and now his wind has returned. I should learn not to meddle with things really!
  • Options
    i was told by hv they are fine to use together as infacol isnt digested but gripe water is.xxx
  • Options
    i was told i could use both by the health visitor, also try colief, bit more expensive but works a treat.
  • Options
    I've used both but find the infacol does the trick with both ends! ;\)
  • Options
    Cheers guys

I know what some of you mean by stopping the infacol and finding out it was actually working. This is prob half the problem. I was using Infacol and stopped about two weeks ago cause I thought it wasnt doing anything. I think I might have been wrong on that one. Ive gone back to the Infacol and give the Gripe Water only if hes realy ratty after a feed. The poor little guy is fine one min and all smiles and then suddenly contorts and screams as if all hell is breaking loose. Doesnt it realy kill when you feel you cant help them, I always feel so useless
  • Options
    hey. i used both at the same time....she coped ok using them both, but i think infacol worked better..gripe i use when her tummy ishurting due to constipation cause it relaces the tummy slightly...