Toddlers & Older Children <
11/01/2010 at 14:36
Just want to alert families to the dangers of leaving bottles of antifreeze lying around during this cold snap. My friend Lizzie's little girl was playing in their garage and got the lid off a bottle of the stuff and was trying to drink it. Luckily Lizzie grabbed it from her but antifreeze can actually kill! In France where I used to live all antifreeze has to have a bittering agent (like bitrex?) added to it but no luck here. Its dangerous for pets as well as they just need to swallow a small amount for it to harm them...just thought I'd flag this up during the coldest winter I've ever experienced!!!
Continues below ad
with our partner Childcare.co.uk
Nice to see you! Please do nose around, sign up and join in.