General Chat, Products & Comps <
08/03/2013 at 10:22
So after my post a month or so ago about timescales and us panicking that it would be finished early and that we wouldn't have the money....we have had news that there has been a delay on site and our house won't be ready until September (we were supposed to be in by June!). I know its only a few months but baby arrives in June and I really had an ideal in my head that our new baby would go home to our new house.
So my next question to you is....do they give you the worst case scenario on dates? Have any your builds been delays until X but were actually ready earlier than anticipated. I know now that my baby will come home to the PIL's and I;ve accepted that now. But also secretly hoping that the builders wll get a rocket up their ar5e and it will be ready any time from June onwards lol.
08/03/2013 at 10:38
Oh no! Sorry to hear about the delay hon, that is the last thing any of you need. I can't answer in terms of UK experience but as you know our development was delayed by almost 2 years and it's still not finished.
How is the space at ILs for baby?
08/03/2013 at 11:35
That's disappointing news. I suspect that they don't give you worse case scenario on dates. Did they give you a reason for the delay? Is it the weather or caused by something else? I'd keep an eye on how the developers are doing generally as delays can cause cash flow problems for them which can have a knock on effect on their ability to finish the job.
08/03/2013 at 11:58
Hon our house was built and ready to move into and there was still a 3 months delay! That was with no chain, empty house etc.
If I was you I would have September in my head as best case scenario but be onto them every week for updates! x
08/03/2013 at 13:04
Exactly what 1stbaby said, keep on at them! We went down to the site every week, and that seemed to spur them on even more, although ours was ready early which caused problems too!
Continues below ad
Nice to see you! Please do nose around, sign up and join in.