General Chat, Products & Comps <
06/06/2013 at 12:43
I posted a week or so ago that I needed to order a hood/sunshade for Luke's SEN buggy but had to go through a specialist mobility stockists as they are such a specialist product and mothercare/boots/john lewis were all out of stock and unable to say when they'd be back in stock. ended up paying £60, with a £20 deposit and I have to drive over 30 miles to get it in another 2 weeks. just had an email from Mothercare to say it's now available to buy via the website for £36 with free delivery and a delivery time of 4-5 days. absolutely gutted. I feel so foolish about the money and I still have to drive to collect the darn thing.
06/06/2013 at 12:45
Ah no, that's so frustrating.
06/06/2013 at 12:47
Can't you cancel the first one?
06/06/2013 at 12:50
I'd loose the £20 deposit and still have to £36 to mothercare so it's almost evens
06/06/2013 at 12:51
Surely you can get out if the sale of the first one, could you fib and say you bought the wrong type?
do you think it's worth it just to not have to drive to collect it?
06/06/2013 at 12:52
Oh no, just read your reply. Could someone have a look at your rights in it, a £20 deposit is bloody steep!
I'm worried that if I cancelled the mobility order that MC might let me down and I'd be in no better position.
06/06/2013 at 13:14
In this situation I'd stick with the pain in the ass option. You need it. It's just one of those things sweetheart, don't dwell on it. x
06/06/2013 at 13:21
wish I hadn't read the email and I was none the wiser
06/06/2013 at 13:31
I'd try and cancel the order. Like Que Sera says, a little white lie saying you ordered the wrong one is worth a try. If you end up losing the £20 which therefore makes the mothercare one about the same price, at least it means you'll get it sooner and you won't have the drive to go and fetch it.
06/06/2013 at 19:34
You need to consider the cost of the petrol as well for that first one... would it make you evens then?
06/06/2013 at 23:24
Order the mothercare one now and you should have it before you need to cancel the other one. That way you can make sure you get the right one from Mothercare and keep your options open for the original one just in case. If its no odds, I'd take the Mothercare one to avoid the long drive and petrol. You can enjoy that day outside with your lovely new shade instead of spending it in the car, that's got to be worth 20 quid.
07/06/2013 at 08:58
Ok. I made a decision. I decided that I didn't want to have to wait another 2 weeks for the mobility order, and waste 1/2 a day driving a 60 mile round trip to pick up the darn thing. So I went into an actual Mothercare store and got them to double check the availability and delivery date, and then paid for it using a variety of mothercare/elc vouchers that have been sat in a drawer for 12months+. I've just emailed (chicken I know!) the mobility company to cancel the order. I know I've lost the £20 deposit but as I managed to pay for the MC order with vouchers it's softened the blow.
this is the bloody thing in case anyone is interested!
07/06/2013 at 09:12
Glad you got it sorted, and the fact you were able to use the vouchers is good. Like you say it softens the blow of having to lose the deposit. You'll get the shade much quicker too all being well.
07/06/2013 at 16:16
Its a pity you had to pay such a steep deposit but at least you had them vouchers. Plus it beats driving all that way to get something that you could get delivered to your house instead.
Continues below ad
with our partner Childcare.co.uk
Nice to see you! Please do nose around, sign up and join in.