General Chat, Products & Comps <
24/03/2013 at 21:38
We're on a real ebay drive at the moment to get rid of a loft full of the kids' outgrown clothes and equipment. Hardly any of it is little baby things, as we got rid of most of that as S grew out of it, this is the toddler stuff and older. As I was sorting it out I squirrelled a few items away in a drawer (which is now full) that I can't bear to part with, and am now packing up a few things that have sold tonight, one particular pair of J's trousers he had when he was 2 has just made me feel really sad that I have to let them go.
Why? Why do old trousers make me feel like that? What am I going to do with the drawer full of stuff (not to mention their baby boxes and another box that is also full of stuff!)?
It's ridiculous really, but they are growing up sooooo fast, and whilst 95% of me says "hooray!", the other 5% is finding it hard to let go. Of trousers.
24/03/2013 at 22:01
Your not alone, I feel exactly the same. I've kept a box with certain clothes in that I want to keep that I can't bring myself to part with. I have the baby grows that they came home from hospital in to little shirts and outfits
24/03/2013 at 22:24
awww I know how you feel, it's so hard isn't it! I am the same with clothes now.
24/03/2013 at 22:36
I'm the same! It's the memories when they wore them x
25/03/2013 at 07:43
I am desperately trying not to be like this and listed a load on my local FB page, A friend asked why I wasn't keeping them for number two, but there are so many ifs and buts (what if there isn't a number two?, what if number two is a boy? But I may want them to have all new as E did? But some of the things are E's, I don't want memories of another LO in them, they are hers!) that I've been slowly getting rid. That said, there are certain things I absolutely can't get rid of, her first outfit, the dress H chose for her when we found out she was a girl, my favourite vest on her,,, OK, so not doing that well there.. The stuff she has hardly worn, i'm better at getting rid of, as i've no attachment to it!
25/03/2013 at 07:45
Definitely the memories. Its funny how a little pair of trousers or a dress can remind you of so much isn't it? I've tried to be hard and have got rid of most of them. I gave away a lot of toddler clothes to my friend's little girl and I always feel sentimental when I spot her wearing things that were my daughter's.
I've got to get a grip and get rid of the baby equipment clogging up our attic. That's less sentiment and more a case of 'out of sight out of mind!'
25/03/2013 at 08:55
I am the same, I have boxes upon boxes of N's stuff in my parents' garage and cant bear to part with it - I don't even live in the same country as these clothes! I wish some friends would start having children as I'd find it easier to give things away then.
25/03/2013 at 09:24
I'm the opposite. As soon as something doesn't fit, it gets given away.
I've got one of C's prem baby outfits, and a "Born in 2011" vest of J's in a memory box, but that's it.
25/03/2013 at 09:37
I didn't mind with big R but with baby R I just dont want to sell anything. Im the same now with big R's clothes. Maybe because I'm pretty sure we wont be having anymore. PJ xx
25/03/2013 at 19:34
I am terrible. I feel such an empotional attachment to stuff and desperately need to get rid of it!
25/03/2013 at 19:44
I get quite sentimental about the kids clothes, though I haven't got rid of any of it yet, I will be keeping some little outfits because of my memories of them.
25/03/2013 at 20:39
I haven't kept any! I am fairly emotional as well so not sure why I don't feel an attachment to any of their stuff.
Continues below ad
with our partner Childcare.co.uk
Nice to see you! Please do nose around, sign up and join in.