General Chat, Products & Comps <
13/06/2013 at 08:44
- how do you get your taps shiny and bright?!
- cleaning shower doors - I have glass ones and they always look dirty no matter what I do!
- stained toilet seat (grim!) the underneath of the rim has gone yellow and it's really bugging me to the point I may just buy a new one. Any ideas what I can try first?!
13/06/2013 at 08:46
Step away from the cleaning lady! I've bloody told you!
Shower doors - after cleaning them, use a squeegee to dry them down after every shower, this keeps them looking nice for much longer
Toilet seat - I'd just buy a new one to be honest (I am very lazy!)
13/06/2013 at 08:47
- how do you get your taps shiny and bright?! - I use glass cleaner on my taps, works a treat.
- cleaning shower doors - I have glass ones and they always look dirty no matter what I do! - I have a glass shower screen which gets sprayed with a shower spray everytime we have used the shower which stops a build up of soap etc, then I use glass cleaner on both sides.
- stained toilet seat (grim!) the underneath of the rim has gone yellow and it's really bugging me to the point I may just buy a new one. Any ideas what I can try first?! - Have you tried bleach or a bleach based spray like Cillit Bang or the likes?
13/06/2013 at 08:50
Belle - it's really bugging me..........
Pingu - do you have a mini squeegee thing then? OH has one but its massive
SW - yes tried most things, thought there might be a trick I was missing like vinegar to clean glass!
13/06/2013 at 08:55
Cilit bang on my taps, pretty good. Also use that on my glass shower door and then I rinse and squeegee it to. You can get little one from John Lewis or somewhere. I would also buy a new seat x
13/06/2013 at 08:56
Vinegar and newspaper is the best thing for glass
13/06/2013 at 08:58
Seriously Nina I'm not joking. DO NOT clean. You will *** it for yourself. Stop.
13/06/2013 at 09:00
I am still in bed - only thinking about it I promise - will bribe Lauren when she gets in with money for the cinema tomorrow I feel like an invalid
13/06/2013 at 09:03
I swear to god if I find out I will wallop you with a great big wet fish!
Anyway Viakal is ace for stainless, mum used to get my taps up lovely with that. She also just used glass spray on the shower screen but a good seeing to with Cilit works wonders.
13/06/2013 at 10:57
I fell to sleep, I bored myself
13/06/2013 at 11:13
You ill Nina?
I use Flash with bleach on my loo seats, it does work, with elbow grease!
Daily Shower cleaner and once a week proper scrub it with cillit bang and then glass cleaner.
WD40 on taps.
13/06/2013 at 11:26
For taps and glass doors viakal or limelight is the only thing!
Spray with that, leave for 5 minutes, scrub with green scourer and then clean down with water and buff with glass cleaner!
13/06/2013 at 11:38
13/06/2013 at 12:53
I find using a cleaning brush on the shower doors keeps them looking clean. But I don't live in a hard water area so don't have massive problems with limescale. H used to live a hard water area and had an attractive avocado! bathroom suite. It always looked dirty from all the water splashes five minutes after cleaning.
Curly Wurly if if you are ill then stop worrying about the cleaning!
13/06/2013 at 13:26
Cillit bang. Love it!
13/06/2013 at 16:06
i got rid of my glass shower screen coz it pissed me off always being grimey.
Continues below ad
Nice to see you! Please do nose around, sign up and join in.