Pregnancy & Birth Clubs <
Labour & birth
20/06/2008 at 06:59
20/06/2008 at 07:24
I had a section 16 months ago and like you I would like to avoid another. I had appointment yesterday (am 32 weeks) regarding this. I have been told that i can be induced by either proglastian pessary or synotcin drip (sorry prob spelt wrong) however if am induced by medical means it increases the risk of scar rupture from 1 in 250 if you go into labour naturally (including sweep and having waters broken) to 1 in 120 if you are induced. My consultant said that i would be very closely monitered and if there was the slightest sign of babe or I getting distressed i would have to have an emergency c-section. My consultants would rather i tried for a vbac, however if they are late detecting the scar rupture and your uterus actually splits then there is a very high rate of infant and a high rate of maternal mortality. Currently my plan is to go for a natural labour and wait up to 10 days over due date, but i (think) ive decided that im not gonna risk being induced as the though of leaving my boys motherless is more than i can bear. Good luck and hope things start naturally xxDBxx
Continues below ad
with our partner Childcare.co.uk
Nice to see you! Please do nose around, sign up and join in.