Pregnancy & Birth Clubs <
Labour & birth
23/02/2013 at 15:49
Hi all - I am pregnant for the 2nd time - had an emcs last time due to failure to progress nad sub optimal ctg. I would like a vbac in an ideal world. SO I had my booking in app on Thursday and mw said that depending on which consultant I ended up with I would have an app at either 20 weeks OR 36 weeks. . . .number 1 i absolutely do NOT want to wait until 36 weeks before even discussing it with anyone and number 2 I was always under the impression you would have one at the beginning to discuss options and then another one nearer the time to make a final decision?
23/02/2013 at 16:47
09/03/2013 at 21:44
13/03/2013 at 13:08
I had a c-section last year and am now 17 weeks pregnant with number 2. I have an appointment to see a consultant at 18 weeks. I don't know if I will see him again during my pregnancy or not.
I would be very unhappy having to wait until 36 weeks to see one! And it shouldn't matter which consultant you are under, the standards of care should be the same! Pester your midwife!!!!
13/03/2013 at 20:02
27/03/2013 at 18:32
Well went to the midwife today for my 16 week appointment and when it got brought up I mentioned how anxious I was about having to wait until 32 weeks - and she was great! She has rung up and booked me in herself for 20 weeks - and even said I can go and see her after if I want to talk it through with someone else.
Very happy! Now to start thinking very seriously about what I want to do - VBAC vs ELCS - eek.
27/03/2013 at 18:46
I'll be seeing my consultant 2nd May when I'll be 14 weeks! I had to have an emcs with my first and 3 years ago I had a laparotomy so in effect I've had 2 cuts in the same place but I was hoping (I think) I'll be able to try for a vbac!!
30/03/2013 at 09:28
I still don't know what to do! Before I got pregnant I was dead set on trying for a VBAC. . . . .and now that I am pregnant. . . .I am not so sure lol!!!
21/06/2013 at 17:25
I've just got an appt to see the consultant for when I'll be 25 weeks pregnant so not too bad I guess......I've asked for an elective c sec this time as the last cesearean was emergency under GA and I've been scarred for life!
Continues below ad
with our partner Childcare.co.uk
Nice to see you! Please do nose around, sign up and join in.