Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

'Crowdbirthing' is a new thing, apparently. Would you like lots of people at the birth?

Hello

We've seen a survey in the news today suggesting the 'crowdbirthing' is the new labour and birth trend – with women, apparently, inviting up to 8 people into the delivery room with them because they really want to share those special moments.

How would you feel about giving birth surrounded by lots of relatives and friends? Would you like it – or would you prefer just to be with your partner?

If you've given birth before, do you think it would have been a better experience with more (or fewer) people in the room with you? How many would be just right, do you think?

And, if you'd like a crowd to cheer you on, would your hospital even allow it? We know that many hospitals won't allow more than 2 non-medical people in the room with a woman in labour.

Do please tell what you think. We'd really love to know!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/128622.jpg

Photo: ChameleonsEye/Shutterstock.com

Replies

• Options

Dear lord no! I had my mum and husband there for the first baby - my mum repeatedly kept leaning on my canular in my hand which was awful - and her running commentary as the baby was coming out of me was priceless ('i can see hair! loads of hair! She's got hair on her head! etc).

The second time I smelt of terrible BO in one armpit (even though i'd just showered!) and pooed myself several times. Do people really need to see that!!!!

• Options

my baby she is 2 month old can I asking something plz 

• Options

aptamilk comfort but I'm use infacol the alright 

• Options

Hi Mahfuza, welcome to MadeForMums. We thought you might want to start your own thread with your question in it as this thread is discussing Crowdbirthing, and we think you'll get a much better response with a new thread, with your question in the title.

If you need any help with that, let us know.

• Options

Good god!!  Why would people want everyone to see it?!  Its hardly the most dignifying thing is it?!  I just had my hubby there at the birth of our son, and it will just be me and hubby this time round too.  I wouldn't even feel comfortable with my Mum in there to be honest!!  Its all personal preference, but for me, I think its just something the mother and father need to witness!!!

• Options

If my OH did not want to be present, I would have no-one, not even my sister or Mum. the whole thing is hardly dignified, i'd rather everyone enjoyed the end result, not the gory details!

• Options

Exactly Hadepop!!  I get that its the most natural thing in the world, but when it was invented, it was definitely at the bottom of the list for the most dignified things created!!! image And I don't get when people film it either, but that's another story!!  Definitely not for everyones eyes when popping a baby out!!