Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Was your labour like 60 mins very fast cycling – or not?

Hello hello

We're just wondering what you think about Sir Bradley Wiggins' comment about his successful attempt yesterday to beat the cycling's world hour record. After cycling an incredible 54.526 kilometres in one hour, the saddlesore 4-time Olympic champion compared the experience to giving birth.

"I’m just glad it’s done," he said. "That’s the closest I’ll ever come to knowing what it’s like to have a baby. It was just torture.

"I was constantly looking at the clock, counting down the minutes. I’m relieved it’s done now."

So, would you describe your labour as like cycling very, very fast for an hour? Or was it a bit more of a slow, ploddy marathon? And would you say giving birth was 'torture' or was it actually not that bad, really?

Do let us know what you think. We'd love to hear your views!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/small_wiggo.jpg

Replies

• Silly Wiggins! Has he ever squeezed a melon out of his cooch? I don't think so! Has he ever had the humiliation of pooing himself only for their loved one to see it, while screaming in pain (maybe?). Has he ever had an epidural for the anastheisiologist (sp?) to actually send the pain to the your hip during labour, and it turns out forever after?

Sure, he's just done a marathon spin class, but I gave birth within an hour, and I can guarantee labour was tougher than that!