Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I'm getting really worried I don't even know if I'm pregnant yet but I'm bleeding

I'm getting really worried I don't even know if I'm pregnant yet but I'm bleeding and got really bad period pains ????????

I don't know what to think but I've been told it's nothing to worry about by people that have had children they said that some girls do have periods still while pregnant. The thing is tho I don't even know if I'm pregnant yet it's too early to test but I was due my period this week aswell so I don't know what to think I'm so worried ????????????????

Replies

• What makes you think that this isn't your period of you are due this week?

Have you experienced symptoms?

• It could be but also don't know if I'm pregnant yet coz it's too early but I've been told that it could be miscarriage and I'm worried 

• I am confused as to why you think it's a miscarriage and not that your period is on time?

You can get tests sensitive enough from testing early now.

I got a BFP at 10dpo. 

• It's only been about a week tho so don't think a test will work yet. It's bright blood tho no clots 

• Hi Jadedemi, when you say it's 'only been a week', what do you mean? A week since what? Ovulation?

• i mean since having sex so nothing will show. It's been about 2 weeks now 

• Sorry but I don't think this is your month. You definitely won't be having a miscarriage oif its only been a week since intercourse. just try again next month :) good luck xx

• No it's been about 3 weeks now. People have told me that even tho it's my period I could still be pregnant coz some girl can go all way through pregnancy with period xx

• Hi jade, if its been three weeks now, you can take a test. Buy a pink dye one like first reaponse, not a blue dye one. Only taking a test will tell you if you are pregnant or not.

• Can I still be pregnant if I've had a period? And do the clear blue tests work x

• A true period, no, but sometimes you can have breakthrough bleeding that resembles a period and it can be hard to tell. If you had sex one week before your period was due its very UNLIKELY that you are pregnant, but I guess its not impossible so take a test if you want to be sure.

As I said don't use a blue dye test, including clear blue as they often give faint lines that can be hard to interpret. Use a pink dye test, like first response. Good luck.

• Thankyou. Where would I get one of them tests from 

• Most like a pharmacy/chemist