Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

18 weeks pregnant first pregnancy, lots of pain in right side and barely feel the baby move?

i didn't find out I was pregnant until 16 weeks I went to see my midwife last week and they said I'm under consultant care as I'm a late Booker, the heart beat sounded fine too, but these last couple of days I haven't felt the baby move but I've started being sick again? I'm only 19 it's my first pregnancy I'm just scared, I have my scan in a week, just any sort of advice would be a huge help :(

Replies

• Options

Hi Charlotte,  firstly congratulations on your pregnancy! If you have any worries there's no need to wait until your scan in a week. There should be someone you can talk to about it before then. Did your midwife give you any contact numbers (I had a sticker on the front of my notes). I know it's the weekend but that shouldn't make a difference. Just to reassure you,  babies movements are quite difficult to feel quite early on,  more so if first baby. Also,  they are still able to move around in there and sometimes a change in baby's position can mean you don't feel the movements.  give your care provider a call though hun. I'm sure they'll be able to help Take care x 

• Options

Congratulations to you :)

If you phone your midwife you will automatically go through to antinatal ward ( that what usually happes with me) they will give you advice on what's best to do. If not just phone your nearest hospital and ask to be put through to antinatal best to have it check than have it worrying you. As for movements I didn't start feeling regular movement until 21 Weeks. I would only have flutters from week 14 but would be days apart.

All the best :)

xxx

• Options

If you feel the movements are different/less than previous movements insist on a scan or a doppler with HV can pick up a heartbeat from 16wks. I lost my little boy at 21 weeks I noticed reduced flutters at 20 wks took 5 days to convince them to scan me and it was sadly too late:( Dont be scared by my situation as everyone is different but please please go with your instincts:) X good luck

• Options

Thank you ladies! Really a huge help, I've been feeling them wriggle around quite a bit today which is a huge weight off my shoulders, I've also ordered a heart Doppler just to put my mind at rest. x 

• Options

That's good news xxx 

• Options

Turns out I'm only 16+5days not as far as they thought hence why I wasn't getting as much movement as I thought I should be! Nurse said it looks like a healthy little girl from what she can see!  image 

• Options

That's great new Charlotte2605, bet you're so relieved. If you fancy joining one of our Birth Clubs so you can meet loads of ladies due the same time as you, please just click here!

• Options

Yey great! Really glad to hear your news mummy!😄

• Options

That's a lovely scan picture and glad you are feeling reassured 😊

• Options

Think you're having a girl Charlotte :)