Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

3/5 palpable?????

well ladies been to midwifes today for more bloods and cgt on baby, he seems fine heart rate was a little up and down but he seemed fine.

Blood results to come lol not sure what they will be like as on thursday they where high risk again.

So im still losing fluid, and they told me today bump has not grown, on the 10th he was 34cm which made me bigger than i should have been and today when they did bump he is still 34cm but she said he is 3/5 palpable....what does this mean????

im seeing the specilist on wednesday and then back in again next monday but been told i might be in thursday/friday for more bloods aaahhh i wish they would just induce me and make sure my baby is ok!

Replies

• Think that means 2/5 of his head engaged hun x
  • So his moving in the right direction lol xx
  • Lol huni ????

How's you doing now????
  • Good luck for tomorrow, hope you finally gets some answers. This little man is going to be so loved after everything you have been though to get here and all the complications your having now x

• tell me about it! another phone call this lunch time puts me back down the hospital tomorrow morning before seeing the consultant as the bloods they did yesterday came back higher than last thursdays!

i dont know how much more i can take of this image i know iv only got 5 weeks left but its really starting to get to me now xxx

• I hope all goes well tomorrow, think it's time you told them straight about how it is upsetting and worrying you just so you get some clear answers and explanations. 

Xx

• Hi ladies well today was shit! sorry for the bad word/s i might use but feeling very upset right now xx

So i went down for more bloods and a trace and baby was not moving was on there for just under 2 hours and no movements! i saw the dr and she asked to scan me i said ok, we went through and she scanned me baby was fine just not moving, she said he is very large already so she asked to do an internal so i said yes she went quiet then asked to rescan and still he was not moving, so she said she wants me to go to the main hospital in dundee tomorrow for a better scan, and another trace on baby then they will take it from there!

i feel so bloody let down and lost right now! she said today that my waters went 3 weeks ago sunday coming, and that it looks like il deliver eraly but didnt say if she ment they will induce me or my body will just do it on its own!

im so angry that i didnt get any answers today all iv got is leaving the maternity unit shit scarred that some thing is wrong with my boy and they are not telling me! why wont he move! and why wont they do any thing about it!!!!

she kept saying his big and iv had the steroids to help his lungs so his good to go....but i just feel like i dont know whats going on.

And to top things off we now have to lose another days pay.....i know that might sounds silly but the last 5 weeks we have not had enough money to even pay the bills due to time off for the hospital and we are now falling behind so iv got the stress of that on top of every thing else, i just feel after losing 2 last year why wont they help me now! if his ok and a good size why wont they deliver him!!!!

im so scarred they will leave me and its going to have a bad out come image

• Oh Sarah

sending you hug xx

hope you get some answers today.

good luck xx

• Sarah, I'm so sorry to hear things aren't better for you. Is there someone you can ring & speak to to get a more definite answer to your questions? They really should be supporting you better.

I had my homebirth visit yesterday & my mw was incredibly patronising & not supportive of my birth plan & instead of asking the questions I needed to & saying all the things I believe in I turned into some passive yes sir, no sir child. & just got emotional.

You need to find out what they suggest to help you deal with your feelings and to get your thoughts together. Definietely ring your midwife during your lunch break & make sure you get answers.

Huge internet hugs x x

• hi huni went to the hospital yesterday was there 8 hours to be told they wond do any thing till im 37 weeks, he is fine and seems to be coping well.

today i fell on my bump and smashed my face up, was taken to hospital and little man still fine (thank god) me im bloody sore! achey and feel sick but baby is fine image

got double bloods next week and on the 8th of october another scan il be 37+1 then and she said she will talk about inducment then as my waters went at 32 weeks xxx

• Was wondering how you got on at the hospital hun. Glad little man's doing well. Hope you're ok after your fall and feel better soon.

Not long now and you'll be holding your little man. Xx
  • Jamiep hi huni I'm doing ok black and blue but since my fall yesterday baby is moving more which is nice! I think his dropped some what as today I have a lot of pressure down below and in my butt the same feeling I had when my waters went at 32 weeks, the 8th can't come quick enough for me xxx
  • Hi Sarah,

Sorry to hear about your fall but glad baby is ok. 8 hours is a long time to spend at the hospital but at least you got some answers. Less than 2 weeks to go till 8th. I just need to get to 2nd to be 37 weeks then I can have a home birth.

We're so nearly there!!! x

• Oh Sarah, this is awful! Did you speak to your midwife. I think if I was you I'd be asking to be monitored more closely. Baby needs his waters! I'm surprised they didn't give you more instruction or offer you more monitoring. How are you feeling today? x

• hi huni they are keeping an eye on me i see them 2 times a week, for bloods and ctg's and i have scans every 2 weeks image

they said my body is coping well and so is baby so no need to do any thing right now, they said 37 weeks is really the earliest they will step in if there is no risk to baby or me image 

im feeling good today baby is moving loads and his dropped more, the soft spot above my bump has moved down loads the last few days image

im hoping i go natural by 37 weeks xxx

• good luck - hope you make it to 37 weeks xxx image

• Thank you I should do...I hope lol

Back in Friday so will see what they say to me then xx
  • Hope it went well today x

• Hi huni all went well bloods done again for another few days image my poor arms are feeling it now lol

Scan still booked for Wednesday and just been told if any thing changes over the weekend let them know xx