Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

5 weeks-- bad period pains.. really worrying :/? x

hi i am roughly 5 weeks pregnant and am having cramps like period pains, worrying about what happens if i blead etc.. i am due to see the midwife next thursday but allready worrying, any1 had simular experiences? thanks xXx

Replies

• hi hun, i am gc from baby and toddler x
    this is normal I had this both my babies, if you are worried talk to your mw xxx
  • if you have any bleeing phone the epau at the hospital.

but period pains could be stretching.
  • defo normal babe try not to worry but if u have had bleeding call your epau

i am still getting the odd pains and i am 19+5
    but defo speak to youe mw about it she will put your mind at rest sweet x x
  • Hi there

Easy as it is for me to say - try not to worry as it is perfectly normal to feel aches and cramps in early pregnancy. I am nearly 15wks now but remember very well that between about weeks 5-9 I had on-off cramps and aches! It is a worry.......but totally normal

xxx
  • G/C just to say its completely normal to have bad cramps although it doesnt stop you worrying. Obviously if you do bleed though ring your MW or doctor xx
  • Hi,

At around 5 weeks i had the same and apparently its stretching pains as your uterous is stretching and getting ready. But def know what you mean hun. If you do experience bleeding then speak to your midwife or gp.

The pain will only last for a few days then it should ease. I was exactly the same and worried everytime i went to the loo incase there was blood but was a little more releaved to hear that it was probably due to stretching pains. It'll settle soon then something else will happen and worrying you too. Its such a worrying time as every niggle causes you to be worried (well it did me). At 6 weeks i got the dreaded morning sickness and sore boobs and worried when it stopped etc.

Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Anna 26weeks XX
  • I'm nearly six weeks and I have some cramps for a while each day. They usually last an hour or so then go away. Not as bad as AF pains.

On occasion its been wind! (TMI!)
  • i had the same and it's totally normal. i understand it's hard not to worry. Would def recommend talking to ladies on here and MW / books she gives you, rather than google as i didn't find any reassurance from this, just more worry.i have started to get them again (as im writing actually) and apparently it's just my body getting ready for labour.
    32+2
  • Hi i am having the same, and its such relief to hear that it is pretty normal to have these pains. i think i am about 5 weeks too, im so excited. i have got the midwife coming to see me on monday.

if any of you ladies have read my posts on other walls you will see that i have not had a period since 3rd of january and that is the reason i am getting the midwife coming to see me so quickly and i will probably be getting a scan in the next 2 weeks too as the docs have put me at 12 weeks, but i dont think i am that far gone, i might be, but i did pregnancy tests all the way throguh january and february and they were all coming back negative, i only got a positive test last thursday, and then 6 further positive tests after that as i couldnt believe my eyes lol.

does any 1 know if it is common to have negative pregnancy tests for the first 4 or 5 weeks of pregnancy, coz maybe i did get pregnant in january and tht was why i was missing my periods, doctor seemed to think it was because i came off the pill in october, but i did so many tests and they were all negative.

any one else experienced this??

• i had negitive preg test for the first 12 wks with my first child only a scan told me i was pregnant, this time i used pound shop test lol they totaly work im only 4 wks in thats 2 real wks, image