Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

9 weeks and pain in lower abdomen/uterus

I was getting up and had a sharp pain happen in my left lower abdomen, it was sharp and hurt and i have had those before but this one carried on hurting, i have a dull pain there now lasting for an hour or so so far...when i press it it hurts more...i am 9 weeks on monday, what do you reckon it is?

Replies

• Hi

Often when i get up to quick i get a sharp pain and then it feels dull for a while so it could be this with you saying you got up and it happened?

You'll soon be entering your second trimester so everything is working twice as hard to make room for your little one growing.

I would keep an eye on it though and if pain still doesnt go away have you got an out of working hours num to ring a midwife? and when you get up from the sofa/bed/toilet do it slowly image xx
  • Hi levi 

i did comment on the other post, i got this from 9 weeks till well now! my midwife told me it was stretching pains! and to pop some pills....felt she was a bit rude as she said to me unless your bleeding and bent over in pain you dont need to ring us about every little niggle or pain you have! 

i would keep an eye on it if it dont feel right to you then call your midwife thats what they are there for image xxx

• Thanks girls. The pain went away and has come back again. What concerns me is it's in the same place all the time. Before I might have cramps but they were all over. This is a constant pain and it's not very painful but just wonder why its so persistent. Just such a worry!! Xx

• Awww levi you poor thing, I understand how much things can worry you, but try not too. I often got "stretching" pains in my very low abdomen and often in the same spots. Try not to worry.

I still get them now when I stand up too fast, you're asking your body to do a lot right now and it's just adjusting.

Smile and try to enjoy! Easier said then done I know
  • Levi huni 

try not to worry huni, if its really worrying you them call your midwife huni, mine are in the same place all the time as well, and can some time be very painful and sharp x

• Hi Levi pink, I'm sure it's quite worrying just not knowing I fetch similar pain there on left hand side if I stretch or roll over too quickly I think it's me just stretching a muscle that's already softening and stretching. I've no core muscles so think that's it. If concerned I would call your midwife and just check it out for peace of mind x