Pregnancy & Birth Clubs <
02/07/2013 at 20:12
the hospital said 4-6 weeks, im feeling fine now at 3 weeks but will wait another week.
do i need to check with my insurance company and if so, what exactly do i say to them. Iv looked through my policy but it doesnt state anything in there about driving after surgery.
Did you all check with them first?
02/07/2013 at 20:17
Yep i did. Just told them i had had major surgery x weeks ago and was there a specific tine i had to wait to drive. My company said no as long as i followed the doctor's advice (Direct Line).
02/07/2013 at 20:23
I would ring them just to check. Some of them have a set time, others say when you feel you can safely and yet others say you have to get it checked with your dr.
02/07/2013 at 21:33
I spoke to them and they said if I felt fine then I could so I'd just ring to check. I waited 4 weeks after F, 3 weeks after T and 9 days after R (no choice or I couldn't get my boys home from school!)
03/07/2013 at 07:09
O phoned ours (direct line) and they didn't see the issue and I drove at 3 weeks after, only around town/village and did my first long trip at six weeks.
03/07/2013 at 07:30
I phoned mine (Diamond I think) who said to ask my doctor, my doctor said when my insurance company said. I got my doctor to agree that I felt fine at 4 weeks. I actually felt fine at 3 weeks waited until 4 weeks as that's what I could the minimum recommended time. You have to think about your ability and confidence in doing a hard emergency stop.
03/07/2013 at 09:08
I didn't phone, but with E I waited about 6 weeks as I got a horrible infection in the C-section wound and so I wanted to make sure I'd given it time to get better, with S it was about 5 weeks, but I think the recovery after him was better anyway, and by that time I felt fine.
Continues below ad
Nice to see you! Please do nose around, sign up and join in.