Pregnancy & Birth Clubs <
05/02/2014 at 12:58
Last week, the Panels and I prioritised your requests for forum fixes and enhancements and I've now been through these requests with our developers to see what's feasible from a technical perspective. This is what we've agreed:
Short term fixes
1. New photo upload issue - a number of members no longer have the media bar in their advanced reply, which means they can't add photos to their posts. We have investigated this issue and believe it is a TinyMCE issue, but we need more information in order to resolve it (we've only had one support details submission so far). If you are still experiencing the issue please can you go to http://supportdetails.com and add your details and email@example.com in the recipient e-mail field. This will send us additional information about your device, browser, cookie settings etc.
2. Search beyond page 1 - we will put a fix in place for this.
3. Reporting spam / abuse - we will put a fix in place for this.
4. Private Messaging - we are very keen to offer this functionality, but there is a significant amount of development and testing work that needs to be done to deliver this (due to the fact that every member has a dual profile ie a forum profile and a real profile). We hope to start on this in the next couple of months.
5. Uploading photos from the mobile site - again, we would like to add this functionality. We need to undertake some preliminary investigations to assess the feasibility.
Not feasible at the current time
- Searching for other member posts - unfortunately the current version of the forum software does not offer this capability and it would be extremely difficult to develop this as a custom build.
- Tagging posts in more than one forum - again, I'm afraid the software does not allow for this.
Continues below ad
with our partner Childcare.co.uk
Nice to see you! Please do nose around, sign up and join in.