Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

french toast/eggy bread

hi girls, any idea whether its supposed to be ok to eat french toast (or eggy bread as it can be called in other parts of the country). My oh was a bit worried because its made with egg, but i figured that once the bread gets dipped in it it gets fried it would be ok.

Please agree that its ok to eat it - its one of my favourite breakfasts and i wanted to have it with bacon and maple syrup on christmas morning!!!! (possibly not the healthiest breakfast for the baby but it is christmas!!!!).

Replies

• it should be ok coz we not ment to have un-cooked or under-cooked egg so coz its being cooked and properly coz it's only a coating you can eat it. just make sure its cooked well and it can't hurt you, baby or your parner. enjoy your french toast.
  • I have eaten it loads of times!!! You can eat egg, it just has to be fully cooked, so you can't have fried or boiled eggs with runny yolks. As you fry the french toast the egg is cooked through so it is fine. Just cook it a bit more than what you normally would if you want to be extra careful.
  • ah what a relief! i love french toast and was sure it would be fine but its nice to get some reassurance from elsewhere!
  • mmmmmmmmm eggy bread smothered in ketchup !!! making me hungry now lol