Pregnancy & Birth Clubs <
03/09/2015 at 12:41
Hi, I am 22 and 16 weeks pregnant. We had our dating scan at 12 weeks, they told us the NT on our babys neck was very high 5.6mm. I had some bloods done the same day which came back the same week saying we had a 1:50 chance of having a Down Syndrome baby. We opted not to have an amino or CVS, as we've decided to keep our baby no matter what. We had another scan yesterday (16 weeks), they couldn't see anything structural wrong with the baby. They checked the feet, leg length, abdominal width, nasal bone (which was clearly present) and did a detailed scan of the heart. Which all looks normal, however the NT has raised to 6mm, which means they've put our risk up to 1:5. Me and my partner are so upset and nervous, we really don't want a Amnio but I don't know if I can go my whole pregnancy without knowing. We will love the baby so much, no matter what he/she has, but I really want to prepare for whatever it is. We are thinking about having the harmony test. Has anyone been through something like this ? and what were your outcomes? Any stories to help us understand this a bit better, we would very much appreciate. Thank you Sophie
Continues below ad
Nice to see you! Please do nose around, sign up and join in.