Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnancy/Maternity Pillow

Hi,

I wonder if any of you ladies are using a pregnancy/maternity pillow?

I've been having a rubbish time sleeping (not getting to sleep, but waking up in the middle of the night and not getting back to sleep) and wondered if investing in one of these could help.

I usually sleep on my side/front and hug a really thin pillow which supports my head. I did buy a long cheap pillow from Lidl ages ago, but my OH has robbed it for his back pain, so he'll be buying a replacement.

Would you suggest something like the Dream Genii or just a big long pillow like the Blooming Marvellous ones, or a v-shaped one (not sure how I'd use this though).

Any opinions would be very gratefully recieved.

xxx

Replies

• Options
    i have one ??20 from mothercare, its fab its a v shapped one and i put it under my bump or around my bump and the other bit between my legs,

i love mine, even though i havent used it for a few weeks lol

hope you find one you like xx

[Modified by: GothicGirl on March 12, 2010 12:11 PM]

• Options
    they do V shaped pillows for under ??5 at dunelm mill so you could alway try one of these and see how you get on before buying something more expensive x
  • Options
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Summer-Infant-95000-Body-Pillow/dp/B0019K2AQC/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=baby&qid=1268396003&sr=1-9

Hi,
    I got the pillow above for my last pregnancy, just about to pull it out again for this one too. I found it really comfortable and didn't need any other pillows when I used it xx
  • Options
    I have this one and really like it. Its like having another person in bed with us though coz it's so big! So we've named it Percy! ha ha

http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Sleep-Body-Pillow/dp/B001NZJVQ0/sr=1-8/qid=1268396785/ref=sr_1_8/278-7093764-7476015?_encoding=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42764041&mcb=core

xx
  • Options
    i got a V-shaped pillow from BHS - i think its one for old people to use in bed at night when reading (?!) but does the trick and didn't break the bank. they are great for sleeping and for breastfeeding and you can use it after as a comfy bedtime reading pillow.
  • Options
    I've got the same one as broody and found it really good in early - middle pregnancy. Now my bump is much bigger, I'm finding I don't really need anything, it rests on the bed of it's own accord!

33+6
  • Options
    I found the v-shaped pillows great. Afterwards you can use them for breastfeeding, and then when lo starts sitting up they are really useful for cushioning falls in all directions!
  • Options
    Can't remember how much it was but I used a V shaped pillow from Dunelm mill which worked great.

I placed one section between my legs and then wrapped the other around and slightly under my bump and boobs which made sleeping so much more comfortable. Also for extra back support I had a pillow behind me as well.

Poor hubby had hardly any room in bed but he loved waking up and rubbing my belly so he never complained much image

http://lb2f.lilypie.com/08m4.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev281pr___.png

• Options
    I use one of those big long sausage pillows, which goes under my boobs, bump and in between my knees - I love it! Now I'm so far on (37+3) I wedge it between my legs as well as my bits feel really heavy as baby is engaging - really helps. Got it off ebay for about ??15 I think. Also using a v shaped pillow for my back on the sofa - plan on using both for breast feeding and propping up baby in the future. xx
  • Options
    I got a boulder pillow from mothercare and its called Bertie! couldnt do without it now! (29 weeks)
  • Options
    i'm using the Dreamgeniie which is great. They're a bit pricey. I got mine second hand from Ebay and saved a fortune x
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

Thanks for all your replies, it's been really intersting and helpful.

For the timebeing, I've gone for the ??6.99 Dunelm v-shaped pillow and it's been sooo much better to sleep on a night - I never though a pillow could make so much difference! I'm going to go back and see if there is a cover for it.

If it doesn't last or the effect wears off when I get a bit bigger (not even showing yet - just look like I've been on the pies!) I think I'll get OH to buy the huge straight pillow that Boody and Broodybabe have from Mothercare.

I'm loving it that much at the moment, I'm considering if it'll fit in my suitcase to take on honeymoon with me!!

Thanks for all your help, you've made a tired, emotional pregnant lady very happy!

xxx
  • Options

Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines.