Pregnancy & Birth Clubs <
06/09/2015 at 18:22
I've just found out I'm pregnant (4 weeks today). I've been trying for five months and have already had two early miscarriages, one after another at 5.5 weeks (in May) and the second at 4.5 weeks (in June). I've had two months off from trying - to wait for my cycle to return to normal. I have just got another BFP but don't quite feel able to be excited yet. I'm panicking about every twinge as I know the risk of miscarriage increases with each one experienced. I happen to know my ovarian reserves are lower than they ought to be so I have had some initial tests to rule out clotting issues etc all is ok there, I'm taking folic acid and have an appt with my GP this week. I'm so worried, trying to relax and focus on the positives but that's easier said than done!
Could anyone share any good news stories about going on to have healthy pregnancies after multiple miscarriages? I'm panicking and a little miserable after disappearing down the rabbit hole of pregnancy woes on the internet. So some good news stories would cheer me up!
06/09/2015 at 19:27
Hi nic. there are many ofus on the site who have sadly experienced multiple mc's like you. Happily though, most of us eventually go on to have a happy healthy pregnancy.
My first 2 pregnancies ended in mc (1st was a mmc discovered at 9 weeks, 2nd I lost at 9 1/2 weeks after a scan at 8 weeks). I had lots of tests done after second mc but everything came back ok. The great news I can share with you is that after my 2 losses I conceived again & am now waiting for my little boy to be born any day now!! :).
to ease your worries a bit, the stats aren't that scary in terms of multiple mc's. After 1 mc, your risk og another does not increase at all. After 2 mc's your risk does increase a little but the odds are still very much in your favor. At my 8 week scan this time, my specialist told me that at that point the risk of mc for a woman who has never mc'd is less than 3%, for me having had 2 previous mc's it was around a 5% chance... But that still gave me (& you) a 95% chance that the pregnancy would go ok!.
Good luck nic & try not to get too scared... i know thats very hard to do but just take each day at a time & each small milestone as a victory.
06/09/2015 at 20:08
Thanks so much for your reply SW2! I love a spot of (over) analysis so the stats are much appreciated
Best of luck with the birth of your little boy, such heartening news!
I have to say that I'm feeling incredibly sick which I haven't had with either of the other pregnancies so I'm hoping that's a good sign. As you say I'll just take each day as it comes and try to not worry.
Thanks again, take care x
07/09/2015 at 04:47
Hi my best advice is try to enjoy the pregnancy as much as you can. My first pregnancy sadly ended in miscarriage at 12.5 weeks I was absolutely devastated. After endless tests they found that I have a severe hormone inbalance and I was told that it was virtually impossible for me to conceive and if I did then it would end in another miscarriage. Me and my husband decided to try for another baby a year later not holding out much hope but within a month I had conceived. The doctors feedback had me constantly stressed, worrying about every niggling pain, over analysing about everything, I even worried if I hadn't been sick early incase that meant something was wrong with the baby. Every day was full of nerves with constantly worry I was always worried about losing the baby it meant that I didn't enjoy any part of my pregnancy and I regret that so much. My baby was born 5 days past the due date a healthy 8lb 13oz baby boy and is doing absolutely brilliantly.
what you have said about your morning sickness I would take it as a good sign, I had no morning sickness with my first pregnancy but endless sickness with my second.
Hope this helps xx
14/04/2016 at 11:12
I am 6 weeks and 2 days pregnant , but i have had two previous miscarriages and I'm so worried that this one will end In the same way.
I have a scan booked on Tuesday the 19th of April 2016 when I will be 7 weeks, I am having more symptoms with this pregnancy like feeling sick oftern , feeling extremely tired , and having sore boobs and lower back pain , but I keep getting cramps I know people say that's normal through pregnancy but it's just worrying me , I just wanted to know if anyone else has been throu this and what the outcome was and if there are any specific sighs that the pregnancy is going well , I can't stop worrying I just need some advice ... I'm so scared
Continues below ad
with our partner Childcare.co.uk
Nice to see you! Please do nose around, sign up and join in.