Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Would you find out the sex with a 2nd (or 3rd or 4th etc) baby?

Hello

We're fascinated to read today that Coleen Rooney, who's pregnant with her third child, is saying that, this time round, she's definitely not going to find out if she's having a boy or a girl. 

Coleen says she did find out the sex of her first two babies (boys Klay and Kai) but, this time, she wants to keep it all a surprise.

"My mum always says you shouldn't find out," Coleen says, "so this time we're definitely not."

What do you think? Do/did you find out your baby's sex before the birth? If so, do you think you'd want to know next time round – or not? Is it different with a 2nd (or 3rd or 4th etc) baby?

Please do share your thoughts on this one. We'd love to hear them!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/129412.jpg

Replies

• With my first i found out but that was more cause my partner wanted to know, this time i haven`t found out everyone keeps telling me to so they can buy gifts for the baby but with only 4 weeks left i see no harm in waiting image

im glad that i haven't found out 1 because its never 100% when they tell you unless you pay for a scan ive had friends told they having a girl and they ended up having a boy.. 

and secondly i like the idea of a surprise and also i like my idea that i am going to let my daughter be the one to tell them if she has a little brother or a little sister as it gets her involved and more excited to find out from the start 

• This will be my 3rd & last baby (although OH may think differently). I found out with both my girls born 22months apart so mostly for practical reasons - ie do we keep all the pinkness etc...This time we are having a surprise and I love it.

We have a 5 year gap & have started from scratch so it wasn't much of a necessity. Everyone wants to know but me oops but we have come this far and baby is due end of October so not long now and I can't wait for the moment he/she is born and we find out adds to the all the excitement definitely.