Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pubic hair/other hair and nails - growing so fast!!

i have found that my pubic hair and finger and toe nails are growing really fast!!!! Also, I have had the odd strand of hair growing in really wierd places i.e. about an inch below my belly button and one strand growing on my chin!!! anyhone else have lots of hair and their nails growing?!?!?! X

Replies

• Hi Miracle I too have hair growth in strange places, my pubic hair is growing at the rate of knots but it just means my oh has the pleasure of trimming it for me and that always leads to other things lol.
  • i need a lawn mower for down below!! lol xx
  • my nails are growing faster than normal, but are quite weak so end up breaking image
  • hi all.. yes my nails are the best they have ever been.. im a nail technician and usually have acrylics on.. but now.. no need! they are super!! probably lose them all as soon as they are changing nappies and in milton all day though lol.. xxx
  • I was thinking of maybe plaiting my pubic hair as it's getting so long! lol I think I'm actually getting sideburns down my inner thighs! I feel so sexy!!!
  • lol claire! braids would nice! at least the midwifes cant say we havent made an effort!! xx
  • Exactly! and maybe some beads in the end Rasta-style....what do you think??
  • oh yes!! multi coloured beads! lol xx
  • Don't mention hair growth to me. I HATE my body hair. AARGH statred to smash stuff!!!!!!
  • Well I asked my hubby to shave my legs for me and all that but he refused so its all his fault if he dont like it!
  • I keep asking my oh to do that. I was embarrased at the hospital when a male doctor was checking my swelling. I asked my oh to trim my tummy hair that i am getting mith a pair of scissors so the lady doing my 28wk extra scan wouldn't see it and he nipped me three times
  • What a git! Did you twat him one? I would have!!
  • No I moaned and he blamed me!!! He's a nasty git like that!!
  • Should have poked him in the eye for being so cheeky - I mean how hard can it be to trim your belly??
  • He has fumbly hands and the hairs needed to be trimmed individually. He says that I should tell you he is sitting very close. I think he's threatening you! lol. What have you to say to that. (give him hell for me)
  • I say he should get together with my husband and have a beer so they can bugger off and leave us to have a good old moan!! lol Surely they can meet in the middle.....Fife isn't that far away!
  • I have been told that if you grow hair in strange places and your hair grows faster than normal you are carrying a BOY,which in my case is spot on.something todo with male hormones or something.
  • I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only hairy person!!!! The hairs on my tummy used to be light, not they are dark and there are more of them!
  • as far as i know i dont have any hair in strange places. my hair keeps goin like crinkly tho and really thick and black.. but only the odd hair.

claire if your gonna do some rasta braids you have blatently gotta get some colour on there too.. red yellow and green like a little rasta hat!
  • I have definately had to go and get waxed more often, apparently it is the hormones that make our hair grow faster and stronger x