Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

ring/needle gender test

i just see this in sept forum so thought id do it here to get a bigger response hope the lady dont mind lol xx xx

This an easy baby gender prediction method to try. Take a pin, needle, or wedding ring and attach it to a thread or strand of hair. Hold the dangling item over mom to be's belly while she is lying down. If the needle or wedding ring swings in a strong circular motion, you will be having a girl. If it moves in a to and fro motion like a pendulum, you will be having a boy.

An alternate version of this baby gender prediction method is to dangle the needle or wedding ring over the expectant mom's wrist instead of belly.

i had this done in both my pg and it was right so im itching to do it again soon has anyone else done this and was it right or planning on doing it ?????????

x6+6x

Replies

• Options
    me and OH did it the other night for fun we know the sex of our baby but it said boy and am having a girl
  • Options
    I did this too. It said I was having a boy - but the sonographer said it definately looks like a girl in there.

Also my friend did it and it said she was having a girl, but she definately gave birth to a little boy.

The way I see it, it's a bit of fun and there is a 50/50 chance it will be right! image
  • Options
    NOT that i take it seriously or anything, but all the women on my dads side of the family are a bit witchy (not in a horrible way, i just mean they use things like this a lot!!) from what they've told me, for it to work, it has to be a ring belonging to the mother, preferably a wedding or engagement ring but if not then one they wear every day, and it also has to be dangled on a hair from the mothers head. You have to hold the ring steady, resting on the hand or tummy, then lift up slowly and see what it does. Its worked for me every time, and did for my aunts! But it is just a bit of fun, i'd never take it seriously and start buying pink or blue things, just in case!! xxx
  • Options
    Lynz! That is SOOO funny,because my DH's family are exactly the same! They did tell me all that stuff (about using my wedding ring, and my own hair), They also said not to do it too early, as if the baby isn't big enough it can pick up girl vibes from the mother (and say it's a girl, when it isn't!).

I still think i'll go with the sonographer though. image

Nx
  • Options
    I think i'd go with the sonographer too!
  • Options
    Apparently I'm having a boy...the BE gender predictor said boy too!!!

My daughter (who was 2 in December) will be gutted as she's already decided that she wants "a sister...not a brother, a sister" (in her words)! Hubby said last night that he wants another girl too but I'd like boy so I'll be happy if it's right even if no-one else will!

Jaimep xx:\)
  • Options

I have done it several times I already have a girl. It was girl, girl. I did it again and it was girl,girl,boy. It does this every other time. What does it mean? X

• Options

i have done this test alot, and it always is right, i am 4 weeks pregnant at the moment, after 3 miscarriages, and it didnt stop inbetween this last time, for this baby it said girl, boy girl lol i did get a positive early so maybe in having 3 lol we will see