Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Do you/would you ask your partner or family or friends not to smoke near you, now you're pregnant?

Hello

We've just seen a recent pic of Ronnie Wood, cigarette in hand, walking to a wedding with his pregnant wife, Sally.

And it's made us pause for thought, and wonder what we'd do if we were pregnant and our partner – or a very close friend or family member – was a smoker.

And then we thought we'd ask you, too! 

Would you ask your partner to give up smoking when you're pregnant? Would you ask other people (friends, family) not to smoke around us while you're pregnant?

Or not? 

And what about ecigs?

We'd really love to hear your views on this one. Please do tell us by adding a post to this thread. Thank you!

Replies

• My partner doesn't smoke but some of my friends and family do. I don't like it when they smoke in the same room as me but I don't think I could say anything.

• I gave up smoking last year as we started trying to conceive, now I really dislike my Husband smoking next to me and would definitely not allow it if pregnant.  Infact the couple of times I've had suspicions of being pregnant I stopped him smoking near to me.  I get annoyed if we are out and I'm having to wait for him to finish or have a cigarette.  

If it wasnt for ttc I would still be smoking though. 

• My Dad smokes in his house, if I were pregnant and he continued whilst I were there I would stop visiting. I don't allow smoking in my house so he would be welcome to visit.  

• Neither me or my partner smokes, but I would deffinetley ask a family member to stop if any of them were smoking in front of me lucky none of our close families smoke either x