Pregnancy & Birth Clubs <
28/05/2013 at 12:47
was not what I wanted to hear from the midwife this morning given I am seriously starting to consider a VBAC She also warned me that, although it is early days as I am only 32 weeks, baby is no where near pelvis (but is head down) and her gut instinct is that I won't go in to labour naturally.
Funnily enough her saying this didn't disappoint me in the slightest which made me realise that having a VBAC really isn't important to me. She has sent a request for a scan at 37 weeks, to check growth and positioning.
28/05/2013 at 13:28
At least they have noticed its big! I'm not sure I'd have had a VBAC if they had realised B was going to be so big!
28/05/2013 at 13:47
Blimey that's not very nice of her when she's meant to be keeping you calm about these things.
And I'm not sure how , when you're not even due for another 8 weeks she can say she doesn't think you will go into labour naturally. That's not really helping give you positive thoughts is it!
I kept asking my MW when I was pregnant with W if it was a big baby and she just kept saying you seem perfectly average. Then when she came for a home visit after she was born she said she'd thought it was going to be big but didn't want to worry me as there wasn't exactly anything I could do about it!
Has it helped your decision about VBAC then or are you still undecided?
28/05/2013 at 14:26
I agree with JT - comments like that are really not helpful when you are so undecided about things. I would wait and see what happens at 38 weeks. If you have to make a vbac decision before then you could book yourself in for the elcs and then cancel at 38 weeks if baby in fact turns out not to be big? X
28/05/2013 at 17:00
Tbh I would rather know if baby is seeming big. Zoe was 7lb 7oz and the midwife commented that that was a big baby for me to be carrying. I would rather know the situation than be left not knowing just so I can feel positive about it. That was my approach last time and it didn't exactly go very well.
No decision re VBAC yet, will wait until the scan at 37 weeks I think. I have no feelings either way, although when she did say she didn't think I would go in to labour naturally I did feel a bit of a relief that I had a reason for a c-section ... so maybe that says something.
MM - I have an ELCS booked in already, has been booked since I was 22 weeks that's how adamant I was. They have said that they only need to know the day before if I change my mind so I have plenty of lee way.
Continues below ad
Nice to see you! Please do nose around, sign up and join in.