Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Your feet in pregnancy: have they changed? Achey? Share your foot moans and groans with us!

Hello

We'd love to know what's going on with your feet during your pregnancy.

If you're anything like us, they're not quite what they used to be!

Maybe your feet have got bigger or maybe they ache or hurt or maybe they get swollen at the end of the day? Maybe the skin on your feet has gone all gnarly? Or your toenails are suddenly growing at super speed?

Or maybe your feet haven't changed at all? Or maybe you can't even see them any more, what with your bump in the way and all?

Please do come and tell us all about your pregnancy feet by adding a post to this thread, telling us how many weeks pregnant you are, and sharing what's going on (if anything) at the end of your legs.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/141966.jpg

Replies

• My best friend who had the most gorgeous feet pre pregnancy swelled up immensley and kind of never went back! Post pregnancy she has gone up one shoe size and her feet have widened considerably. Oh well, thems the breaks i guess!

• Part of my left foot has been numb now for  few weeks & now im getting a pain in my big toe. No idea what is going on. Thinking maybe a trapped nerve? 

other than that I've only had a tiny bit of swelling at times which isn't bad considering I'm 35 +2

• So far i've not noticed any difference, im 28 weeks pregnant atm. im hoping they don't get bigger/swell as i already have wide feet and struggle to find shoes that fit anyways haha. 

The only thing i have notice which is good my feet are usually always freezing but they are always nice and warm now which my husband loves as he no longer gets cold feet on his legs at night in bed haha. x

• Fortunately no swelling yet and I'm 30 weeks pregnant. They do ache though, guess it must be the extra weight I'm carrying around! I try to rotate my feet regularly and wiggle, as per my yoga class. Think this does help, especially with circulation and stretching muscles. image

• Oh yes I forgot to mention that my feet absolutely kill me when i go shopping. Even in flats & only after a short while. It's good though because i save money going home sooner :)

• I'm 29 weeks and I've not noticed any difference in appearance but they do ache more quickly when I'm on them for too long. 

• Having previous preeclampsia I'm surprised my feet are not that bad with this twin pregnancy..I'm swelling but not that much like before..they do get itchy and I have scars on my legs from scratching but itching on while body not just feet...also ants bite me a month ago and I'm still having the little dots that won't heal they itch doo bad too besides that's great are good