Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The Tooth Fairy: apparently the average tooth is worth £1.49. Sound right to you or way off?

Hi everyone, 

We’ve just read a survey which says, the Tooth Fairy is apparently paying on average, £1.49 per tooth. Now does this sound about right to you? When the Tooth Fairy has paid a visit to your house, how much do they tend to leave per tooth? 

Please do let us know by telling us how much your child has received per tooth, by posting a reply to this thread. 

PS We tried to include a picture of the Tooth Fairy, but she’s an elusive character and a tough one to catch on camera 😉

Replies

• Both my older two have had visits from the tooth fairy (7yr old has 10 adult teeth through, 5yr old has 2 adult teeth through & a wobbler 🙈).

Typically we have received  £2 for the 1st tooth & £1 for every subsequent one (tooth fairy seems far more wealthy than when I was a child when it was 50p followed by 20ps )

• The tooth fairy left my daughter exactly exactly the same as KazzieM has said, £2 for the first tooth and £1 for any after.