Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How bad is KY jelly/liquid for TTC?

Need some reassurance please...

Hubby and I were struggling a bit to BD today (only had limited time as he's on a night shift tonight, today is the the 4th day in a row BDing, and think we're both feeling the pressure cos I'm expecting to OV 2moro) and basically had to use something or it wasn't gonna happen, lol, sorry tmi. Pls tell me KY is not that bad and that we didn't do it for nothing???? We only used a very small amount on the outside....

L x

Replies

• Sorry but im sure its a kind of spermicide which isn't good. Im sure if you only used a bit it will be ok. Why not get some sasmar conceive plus from boots, it will do the same job but help the little swimmers too?
  • Thanks for the reply Kaiti.

It doesn't say it's a spermicide, only that it's a personal lubricant and that it is not a contraceptive....

I'm paranoid about it now and if I don't get a BFP this cycle I'm gonna solely blame my KY liquid... and bury it in the garden... and put a new patio over the top of it...

Thanks for the advice, will defo look for that...

L x
  • hey,
    i've heard that ky is not good i'm afraid hun, we use pre seed to help us from access diagnostics
    http://www.accessdiagnostics.co.uk/acatalog/Pre-Seed.html

this is the best to use i believe
    xx
  • G/c here from ttc after mc.

Sorry hun but I would bury the KY in the garden anyway it's no good when ttc.

I wouldnt panic too much tho hun as if youve done it 4 days in a row anyway then thats great you should have some of his boys there ready to meet your lil eggy.

Good Luck xxx
  • Thanks Hannah, thanks Laujai.

Will def not be using the KY again! It was either use it and hope for the best or not BD today. Never mind, I guess we live and learn. Will be straight off to Boots in the morning then...

L x
  • It's amazing how much you learn when ttc, we never knew this when we 1st started & now use pre-seed, it's great!!!xx
  • Saliva is a no no too which i didn't know before!x x
  • image I knew that lubricants and saliva aren't best and now I feel like an idiot and that I've killed our sperm.

L x
  • Yes! Thanks KMRose, that's exactly what I wanted to hear image

L x
  • hey! m using ky aswell! n we are also ttc.. m a bit worried now.. do tell me if u get a positive lolly image fingers crossed 

• So glad I read this! We've been ttc using lubricant for 7 months, had no idea it was harmful. So just invested in some conceive plus instead. Baby dust to all and thanks for this post x
  • G/C We used ky now and again and I have two boys (one only 3 months old) I also read it can hinder conceiving but it didnt hinder us. Good luck
  • G/C from DIO. I used conceive plus and preseed when we were ttc my first. We were using preseed the month we conceived x