Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I am boring my old TTC buddys to death thinking every month is "the one"

Hi Ladies,

I have been TTC for 6 months, I was previously on the same pill for 10 years without a break so Ive had all sorts of scenarios come my way.

Thanks to the help of my lovely ladies of whom some have conceived on my previous thread I have been introduced to ovulation strips which have helped me a lot.

I had my surge between the 26th & 3rd of March, although been trying all month anyway, on the night of the 4th I was up in utter agony with pains "down there" that were so bad they had me in tears and Ive never felt pain like it, it lasted a few hours and the next day I took some ibuprofen to ease it off which worked however I still feel a niggle,This has now been followed up by milky white discharge and 2 nights worth of extremely vivid dreams!. I feel NOTHING else, I don't think I am pregnant but Ive never experienced post ovulation pain before and am aware it could be a sign.

Pre ovulation I had extremely sore nipples which wore off and I just don't know where I am at - is it possible that if I have conceived its too early and I wont have any other signs yet? - period is due on the 16th but I am going mad. After months of being let down I told myself I wont test until I am late but these pains are hurting me so bad and Ive never had it before.

Please help!, having never been pregnant any advice is so valuable to me.

x

Replies

• Hi.I also experienced post ovulation pain which is strange for me.i normally get it before ovulation but never after.I have been ttc for 8monts but this month is the first time with strange symptoms..plus the vivid dreams.I am 5dpo but planning on testing 10dpo.Hope all is well with u

• Hi Miak

i have since found out I should have listen to that pain as I am 5 weeks pregnant 

some people can litrally feel conception and ive been told thats what it is basically the egg being frealized? is this your first? Unfortunately for me this pain hasn't syopped but now it's just stretching pain.

I don't want to get your hopes up but if its out of the ordinary for you then it's probeblt a good sign- don't test to early though I got negative right up untill 1 day after my period was due x 

• Thank u Alba and congratulations!Yes we are ttc for our first baby for the last 8months so i can recognize that my symptoms are quite unusaul compare to other months..Still have 9days untill my period though..Just one question.i am exercising every other day but nothing crazy maximum 30min toning workout..do u think it is ok?

• Hi Miak we too are trying to conceive our first 9 months now and I know how it feels .. I really thought this was the month but oh well. I keep contemplating whether symptoms are just us noticing our body more because we're trying so bad .. I wonder if its psychological or physiological... its a topic I really think a lot about 

• Hi Mandy! nice to see u again sorry to hear this isn't your month just keep going! 

miak since finding out I am preg I have been advised to excersise so I cant see any issue weights obv do be carefull with, the only thing I will say is that when U do get pregnant u may find you don't have the energy to do this anymore! So that will also be another sign. 

x

• Hi Mandy.

Yes i often think if it is only in my head...I should wait and see.It is strange though.When i was on the pill i have never felt anything because the egg wasnt released..but now during ovulation the symptoms are much worse than period symptoms!It is interesting to see what actually HC does to your body and once you stop taking it you see how your body reacts..

• Yess thank u Alba with the exercising advice;-)I will keep in touch when i do the testing

• Alba - I don't think you were boring anyone!!!! And I'm so happy for you chick. 

I don't think there's any problem with exercising at all - I've researched it because I do lots of exercise usually. I did vigorous exercise when pregnant with my son and he's fab image 

Good luck!! x