Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I am breastfeeding 5 month old twins full time: what are the chances to become pregnant?

I am currently having period symptoms, which include: Bad cramps, food cravings, and mood swings. I have been breastfeeding my twins ever since they were born. Once they turned 4 months old, I started introducing solid foods. I only feed them one meal a day with soilds. I still breastfeed in the middle of the night and pretty much all day, but I'm scared I might have ovulated. Idk. I wouldn't think it could be possible considering the fact that I am breastfeeding 2, and the fact that my mother didn't get a period for a year while breastfeeding all 5 of her kids as well as my husband mother. I have also heard that women who ovulate during breastfeeding are more fertile...  I have stopped taking birth control for certain reasons. so.... It's a possibility, I might be pregnant but i'm thinking its very unlikely. Has anyone gone through the same thing?

Replies

• Options

Hi hiddenwings. First off, hats off to you for breastfeeding twins for 5 months! Wow!

I'm not an expert but I think it's just about possible you could be pregnant. I got pregnant with my 2nd when I was still breastfeeding my first – BUT he was a singleton and he was 7 months old by then and probably having a few more solid meals and a little less breastmilk than your twins.

Have you done a pregnancy test?