Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

O/T Can't be bothered going out anymore...is it just me?!

Just wondering if I'm boring, or if anyone else feels the same...

A group of friends of mine are arranging a get together for a few weekends time. Usually what happens when we meet up is that we go for drinks in someone's house (which is usually the best bit!) then we head into town, traipse round various nightclubs trying to get in but there are always queues, then when we finally get in somewhere, queue for the bar, queue for the toilet, get squashed and covered in spilt drinks on the dancefloor.

i just cannot be bothered with this anymore and am trying to convince them to have a nice night in but they think I am boring, they really do. I would love nothing more than to have a night in someones house, a few drinks, takeaway, and some singing or dancing in the living room. I would even be happy to go to a nice bar or pub and sit chatting and having a laugh all night. But no, we have to stand in a nightclub and get pushed about. And is it just me or are all the girls in the bars about 18 and dressed in mini skirts.....i feel old. I feel that 10 years ago (eeeek) i was starting my partying phase and I just don't have the energy for it anymore!!

And when we go out we never get a chance to talk anyway as its so noisy. Whats the point?!

Fuddy duddy Posyimage x

Replies

• Hey Posy,

I'm exactly the same, i hate nightclubs, i'm only 24 but i feel like i did my partying when i was 16-19 and now i'm an old married lady a night in a club really doesn't appeal to me. I mean you can't even hear what your friends are saying! :lol:

another old fuddy duddy ladybird x
  • Ive always been like this hun even more so now Im pregnant - the only time I can be bothered to go out is if theres food involved LOL

xxx

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev207pp___.png

• Phew...thank god I'm not the only one. I can't wait to be pregnant then they can't make me go out LOL.

I had about 6 years of going out all the time when I was a student etc, and as much as I love dancing, its just not worth the hassle of going out.

Plus. it usually involves too much drinking and then feeling bleugh the next day. The new healthy me does not need this!

(PLUS i can't afford it anymore LOL)

• I'm only 20 and i feel the same. I was going out between 16-18 and how i'm married i cant be bothered with it. They are all so immature. Like this week me and hubby went to the lakes and went out for a few meals. I wasnt driving and there was no reason why i couldnt of had a couple of glasses of wine. I dont see the point of spending double the price for a drink, which doesnt really have any affect until you've had about 3. God i sound so old. I think its coz we have so much other important things on our minds at the moment, drinking and going out seems so trivial! xxx
  • Broody..I would love to go to the pub but it always seems to be a nightclub they want!

I could suggest one of the restaurants here that have a DJ later but we always go to the same places.

I suppose I can just grit my teeth and bear it...after all its only one night and its only every couple of months...but it just seems like such a waste of money to me LOL. And a precious night of my weekend gone!
  • Hun you are not alone! I really dont like going clubbing. I cant hear anyone (really doesnt help that I am 40% deaf!) I am quite happy to go to the pub and sit down have a few drinks and a good laugh.

That way you dont spend as much money, your feet dont feel like they are on fire, your new satin shoes dont get ruined by spilt drinks and you dont get some drunk guy hitting on you.

It doesnt help that I was sneaking into nightclubs at 15!! So by the time I hit my 20's I was past it.

What also put me right off was the last time we went clubbing, there was this woman, must have been in her mid 20's she was really, erm cheap, anyway she was so drunk she was flashing everyone her boobs (she had the shortest strapless white mini dress on), and then mooning guys who she couldnt pull. Then she took down her knickers and flashed everyone her bits...... (it gets much worse)........... a little while later she played with herself!! In full view of everyone!
  • Me too posy!! Give me a nice bar, comfy chairs, good wine and company and im there.....can not be doing with fighting to get to the bar in clubs!

So im a fudy duddy and im proud! Em xx
  • OMG Cooper! That's shocking! Some people just have no respect for themselves. I wonder if she thought she would pull by being as easy... :lol:
  • You're right Jess...I have a lot of other things on my mind. Plus, the night out is on the same day I will either have AF or a BFP. So god knows what I will feel like doing.
  • Cooper! That made me laugh and go bleuuugh at the same time. Yuuucck.
  • The real shocker was her friends were just watching her do it!

It really was one of those moments where you cant take your eyes of her because you are just in dumb founded shock.
  • Oh my life cooper!! What a classy bird......not! Your poor eyes having to see that!! x
  • maria..your nights sound like heaven to me.

After all there's no queue for the bar when the drinks are in your fridge! And no queue for the toilets when you have the comfort of your own bathroom!
  • i know exactly what you mean! i love getting dressed up and having a really good dance, but I cant put up with all the other crap that comes with it-overpriced taxis, and lemonade (i dont drink!), men trying to grope you and then being abusive if you dont succumb to their charms, as mentioned before, ladies rubbing up against each other and kissing as they cant get attention any other way, girls eyeing you up and down and passing judgment because you dont have T&A on display!!!

touching in public?? that is really gross. I once saw a couple standing up on the dancefloor having sex. not teenagers either!!

i like a nice dinner out with friends, and then maybe feed the dancing habit at a fun bar, with a dancefloo. no clubs for me anymore, at the wise old age of 29.5 (when do my eggs start to shrivel up?....)

i prefer nice nights in with OH

xx
  • I once saw a couple standing up on the dancefloor having sex. not teenagers either!!

PMSL.....now i know my ttc obsession is getting ridiculous!!!!! My 1st thought when I read that was "well thats not a good ttc position"???

Urrrmm how about GROSSS! Have had words with myself now..tehe xx
  • OMG posy i could have writtn that myslef , those are my extact feelings !! i just cant be bothered with going outy into town , much prefer going to someones house and having a nice bottle of wine and a good old gossip !!!

thought it was just me and TTC , good to know im not alone !! xxx
  • hahaha Em7 you are funny!
  • I'm with you Posy. This is going to make me sound reaaalllly old. But I can't be bothered with the noise, or watching people embarrass themselves on the dance floor! lol

I also totally agree, most of them don't look like they're old enough to be in there in the first place! xx
  • Before I got my BFP I was exactly the same, I hated going out clubbing or anything too loud and hectic.

I would like to say now though that I kinda wish I'd had one final good girlie night out, a proper blow out because already my lifestyle has changed because of my bean and it will be even more different when he/she arrives.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't swap my BFP for anything but there were some opportunities I didn't take to have a night out with the girls that I will never get back now.

I know I wil be able to get babysitters when bean is here but I will be a mummy then so will have to be more sensible - maybe!

Hooray that I'm pregnant and please don't think for one moment I'm moaning - because I'm really not, I'd pick being sober and fat over drunk and slim (ish) anyday!!

xx

• hey lil kim- you're def not alone!!

Mithical..it only hit me today that most of the girls are at least 10 years younger than me. EEEK! Where did the last ten years go,I can remember my 18th birthday as clear as anything!!!

GLK...just be glad you didn't have a final massive hangover to deal with! And you can look forward to a good night out once the baby is born, your friends will still be there.

I used to really look forward to my nights out but recently they've just become a hassle!!!!