Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Sainsburys tests / false positive

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/126222.jpg

So cross..had this result with sainsburys test..looks even clearer in actual view..only to have 3 negatives including clear blue..this is not in my opinion an evap as the line is central and thick. My period is 3 weeks late but still getting negative results. Gp advised to keep testing until I get another positive or my period! Can I insist on a blood test as this is becoming expensive not to mention upsetting. ..advice please and thank you 

Replies

• Well that definitely looks a clear positive.  I think your gp would do a blood test (but some can be funny i know!) I missed a period completely in November and had negative tests.  Gp did bloods no question. if I were you and the gp you saw wouldn't do bloods then could you perhaps request to see another? Hope you get it sorted as the whole 'am I aren't I? ' thing can get you down. X 

• Thank you..I think im going to ask to see another gp as it is so frustrating...read so many negative reviews of sainsburys tests so im pretty sure I have been misled but I have never been late before and I have felt overly tired and im certain my boobs are sore and slightly different. .either that or im going mad! x 

• I'd not heard that before about sainsbury's tests. I thought that false positives were practically non existent as the test line can only change colour if it comes into contact with hcg. Tiredness and sore bbs are good signs!  Did you test with first morning wee when you did the subsequent tests?  Also are your periods usually like clockwork? 

I should deffo ask to speak to different gp.  Let me know how you get on xxx 

• yes first morning wee and negative tests were with afternoon wee. Like clockwork without doubt..its just the bad reviews of sainsburys and the negative clearblue that has made me really fed up lol. Thanks for the advice, ill keep you posted x 

• If the negative tests were with afternoon wee then it's likely the hormone wasn't strong enough that why it was negative. you should always test with first wee of the day that's when its strongest. 

• 4 further negatives with consecutive first morning..Sainsburys are rubbish. Ill pursue blood test but im not holding my breath.  

• Confirmed. .NOT pregnant. Thanks sainsburys. 

• Wow! I'm so sorry. I'll steer clear of sainburys ones. 

• I have recently had the exact same thing 2 tests showing the same as yours I even text my partner told him I was pregnant he agreed they where positive 4 negative tests after and today usual monthly cramping before period is due they shouldn't be allowed to sell them disgraceful X 

• I'm so sorry, I've heard really bad things about the blue dye tests x

• Hello, I'm hoping someone can help here, nearly 2 years late to the thread. I have recently had the same thing with the sainsbury's test - a positive was shown and every test I've done after has been negative. Is this still a problem with these pregnancy tests?