Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

It came back positive. 4 hours later it came back negative.

Sunday (2 weeks after intercourse) I took a pregnancy test. It came back positive. 4 hours later it came back negative.
http://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-kiss.gif

We have been so excited. We didn't even expect it, but now we are so excited. The reason why we tested was because my body kept acting weird. I started feeling nauseous, sore boobs, lower back pain, ETC. So we tested on Sunday, July 5th, day before period, and it came back faintly positive! Then, 3 days later, 4 days late, a period like thing came. I'm confused. Am I pregnant? Or Am I on my period? Why did I get a POSITIVE test?!? Please help! 

Replies

• Options

Hi,

I went through the same situation last month. I am late by 2 months now. Last month after 8 days late i took the hpt it came positive and which was followed by a negative blood test and other negative hpts.

My period was supposed to arrive on 12 june last month which didnt came the whole month of june and now in july also i am waiting to arrive it by 12 july. Yesterday i just had spotting , I thought my AF has arrived but today again no bleeding.

Now i am almost 2 month late with no AF. image I am so worried. Did the test yesterday which was again negative..

Please help . I am in so weird situation. I hope my AF arrives by 12 july since i am not pregnant. But yesterday i spotted ? but no AF today... 

• Options

Hi bby556 the same thing happened to me in October it was confirmed by my doctor that I had a chemical pregnancy (which is a very early miscarriage) it's quite common

• Options

Oh no, we would die if that happened! My cousin said during her pregnancy she had her "period" the first 3 months. Her doctor said there wasn't enough hormones to stop the Bleeding yet. im hoping thats what it is. 

• Options

Unfortunately it does sound like a chemical pregnancy, I had one almost two years ago, got a positive test, then a negative then period, it was horrible but it apparently happens with a lot of women, it's why testing early isn't such a good thing.

Have you done another test? within the last few days, I would, just in case, but I also wouldn't get my hopes up, I know it's a horrible thing to experience but it's actually quite common and if it was a chemical pregnancy there would have been absolutely nothing you could have done to change anything.

• Options

Well, I'm just going to wait until Monday which is my visit. To see if I'm pregnant! Will keep eeveryone posted ????