Getting Pregnant <
Trying to conceive
11/12/2014 at 16:14
Hi, i recently started taking agnus castus as since my mmc in June my hormones have been all over the place. My cycles are regular but they are very light and i have had hormonal acne and a few other things have been going on. I went to a fertility doc and she told me that my body would get back to normal but is just taking time, she also sugested taking a vit b complex and trying AC.
Just wondering if anyone else here is on it or have any success stories with it. So far my skin has cleared up after only half a month of using it. Its a slow acting herb though so im hoping for a perfect cycle and bfp within the next 3 months. Fingers X'd!
26/12/2015 at 17:20
I know this is an old thread But wondered how you had got on? I've just started taking vitex to regulate my periods/OV after stopping the birth control pill. First cycle was 60 days and 2nd cycle was 52 days! I'm desperate for a BFP in 2016! Xxx
02/02/2018 at 06:12
I come off the pill in June 2017 And since then I’ve had really long cycles.. getting my periods every other month, the cycles have ranged from 64, 52 and 44 (so there slowly going down, fingerscrossed) I’ve had loads of blood tests done and all hormone levels are fine apart from my ovulation .. which shows up low on day 21 (but obviously I may not actually be ovulating at that time). I’m thinking of taking VITEX CAPSUALS but have a few questions first.
1. How much mg a day can you take?
2. Can you start taking them at any point in the month, start of period? End of period?
3. Do you have a break from them at all?
4. If I were to fall pregnant (fingcrossed!) do I carry on taking them and gradually stop or just stop straight away?
thank you lovely ladies and good luck alll xx
03/02/2018 at 13:23
Your story sounds quite similar to mine! I did take vitex capsules along with maca and some other supplements. I also had acupuncture. My first cycle off the pill was 60 days, then 52 days then 39 days then I got pregnant. In answer to your questions....
1. I can’t remember exactly, I think u can take 1000mg to 2000mg a day.
2. Started cycle day 1 and took it throughout my cycle.
3. Some have a break during their period, I didn’t.
4. Apparently they keep progesterone levels up so I continued to take them the first 3 months of my pregnancy then weaned myself off pretty quickly.
Good luck! Xxx
Continues below ad
Nice to see you! Please do nose around, sign up and join in.