Meat is a great source of protein for your child, so our nutritionist gives you some tips on how to get your little one munching on meat
1) Pieces of meat can be hard to chew, so try minced meat in dishes like cottage pie or spaghetti bolognese.
2) Make a meat pâté by puréeing leftover meat dishes and spreading it on toast.
3) Try meat as finger food. A chicken drumstick is easy to hold and your baby can suck and chew the meat more slowly.
4) Give your baby fish, especially oily fish like salmon and mackerel, which is packed with brain-boosting omega 3 fatty acids.
5) Chickpeas, beans and lentils have many of the same nutrients as meat, so offer your little one these instead.
© Immediate Media Company Ltd 2012. This website is owned and published by Immediate Media Company Limited. www.immediatemedia.co.uk