Following news that a 5-year-old died after mistaking painkillers for sweets, parents are reminded how important it is to keep hazards locked away
It was reported in the Metro this morning that a 5-year-old girl died from a drug overdose after mistaking her dad’s painkillers for jelly beans.This sad news has reminded mums and dads to take every possible care when it comes to keeping their child safe at home. According to the Child Accident Prevention Trust (CAPT) almost 20 children are admitted to hospital every day because it’s thought they have swallowed something poisonous, with painkillers being a common culprit.The CAPT website suggests that mums and dads can do a number of things to keep their children safe when around medicines, including:
For more info, see our guide to keeping your child safe at home.
© Immediate Media Company Ltd 2012. This website is owned and published by Immediate Media Company Limited. www.immediatemedia.co.uk