In a nutshell

A travel system that has a fair performance and gives a smooth ride. However, the car seat only lasts to 9 months and can only be used in the lie-flat position.

What we tested

• Fold/unfolding
    A star rating of 3.5 out of 5.
  • Manoeuvrability
    A star rating of 4.0 out of 5.
  • Comfort for child
    A star rating of 3.0 out of 5.
  • Style
    A star rating of 3.0 out of 5.
  • Durability
  • Worth the money
    A star rating of 4.0 out of 5.
Overall Rating

Pros

• smooth ride, easy to maneouvre, folds down easily, height adjustable bar, Capazo carrycot is a lie-flat car seat

Cons

• Not the most comfortable pushchair, harness fiddly, Capazo car seat is lie-flat only

The Nurse Dakar Capazo travel system is functional, simple to use and geared to cross any terrain without fuss. So, whether you’re about town or stomping across fields, this pushchair will be right there with you.

Advertisement

The 3-wheeler Dakar pushchair has inflatable aluminium wheels with ball bearings, which basically means pushing and turning is extremely easy. Add in the lockable front swivel wheel and an adjustable rear suspension and it gets even easier. The Nurse Dakar is bursting with features and accessories that make for a shrewd purchase. It has a height adjustable handle, multi-position reclining seat, quick release wheels, removable bumper bar, and a hood that converts into a sun canopy, and that’s just the features. Also included are a basket, pump, foot muff, pram bag with changing mat, shopping basket and rain cover.

The 3-wheeler Nurse Dakar can be purchased just as a pushchair, or as three different travel systems. Basically, you take the Dakar and add one of three car seat options, to create the different systems. The Capazo is one of the three car seat options. This is a carrycot that attaches to the chassis of the Nurse Dakar and can be used as a lie-flat car seat, transporting your baby safely and soundly wherever you go.

What we love

The Nurse Dakar Capazo travel system is certainly value for money, and offers everything you’d expect from a travel system. Its strength lies in how it moves. I living in a city with bumpy roads and fields, and some days I never know where I might be. With the Nurse Dakar, it’s not a problem. I adjust the rear suspension and lock or unlock the front wheel and it tackles pretty much any terrain, which is a bonus when you have a baby who’s a light sleeper. It’s also so easy to turn. The pushchair seems to read my mind. With the slightest nudge it travels in the right direction.

It folds down easily and wheels are easy to remove, which was great for holiday when we needed the space for our luggage.

We tried the Capazo car seat with the Dakar, which is a carrycot and lie-down car seat. This means you can bring your baby home from hospital in the flat position recommended by health officials. It also has an adjustable backrest option. The Capazo is a generous size, and my friend’s newborn looked very comfortable in it. Easy to move from car seat to pushchair to home, there was little or no disturbances to her baby at all. It also has an adjustable control for ventilation and a removable washable cover. Nearly as many features as the pushchair!

What to watch out for

The Dakar pushchair is wide, which is great for longevity but a problem if you have a small car. There’s always the option of removing the wheels when you put it in the boot, but this can be tiresome if you use your car often.

The pushchair isn’t very comfortable. It’s not well padded, the pads slide too easily up and down the straps and the harness is quite fiddly. My daughter, who is 1, looks slightly awkward in the seat but she is quite small.

The Capazo car seat is bulky and wouldn’t last very long. Even though it’s supposed to see your baby through to 9 months, this is dependent on how quickly your baby grows and how long they’re happy to lie down. There’s no harness, but there is a thick Velcro strap that fastens across your baby’s tummy. I would personally feel happier with a harness even though this looks more comfortable, and although secure, once tied to the car seatbelts it does slide around on the back seat.

With one of the other Nurse Dakar travel system options, the Nurse Dakar Duplo travel system, the car seat (the Duplo) transforms from a lie-flat option into a rearward facing car seat and lasts many more months. The Capazo doesn’t do that and so doesn’t last as long.

Who is the Nurse Dakar Capazo travel system best for?

New mums with bigger cars who want a well-priced terrain-tackling travel system

Advertisement

MadeForMums verdict

The Dakar, as a pushchair, travels well across any terrain, but doesn’t have the most comfortable seat. The Capazo carrycot and lie-down car seat is generous in size and comfortable but its life span is limited.

Product Specifications

Product
BrandNurse
ModelDakar Capazo
Price£419.99
Suitable for
Child age (approx)Birth to 3 years
Dimensions & Weight
Weight8kg
DimensionsH:104cm W:63cm L:93cm
Dimensions (folded)H:85cm W:63cm L:50cm
Features