Turkey contains more protein than chicken, is lower in fat and a good price in the supermarket. Use it to make this warm pasta salad
Makes enough for 4 meals in 20 minutes You’ll need:• 150g pasta• 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into strips• 75g French beans, topped and tailed• 100g tin sweet corn• 75g cooked turkey, skin and bones removed and chopped into small pieces• 10 small cherry tomatoes, halved
For the dressing2 tsp of olive oil1 plum tomato from a tin - sieve off the juice - chopped1 tsp of balsamic vinegar
1. In a small frying pan heat up the olive oil, add the plum tomato and warm through. Remove from the heat and stir in the balsamic vinegar
2. Meanwhile bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
3. Put a steamer on top of the pan of pasta and steam the carrot and beans for about 5 minutes or until tender.
3. Drain the pasta and mix it together with the French beans, carrot, sweet corn, turkey and cherry tomatoes.
4. Spoon the warm dressing over the top
© Immediate Media Company Ltd 2012. This website is owned and published by Immediate Media Company Limited. www.immediatemedia.co.uk