They may look cute and pretty, but all the family need to handle sparklers with care
All children love sparklers as they are like mini fireworks up close and personal, however they must be used safely as injuries do happen.Sparklers can get up to six times hotter than oil in a frying pan; so can be very dangerous for small children if not used with care and supervision.
Children under five in particular need supervision and appropriate clothing when out and about playing with sparklers:
Accidents do happen, so if you or one of your children gets injured with a sparkler here’s what to do:
Fore more safety tips for you and your family when at firework displays and bonfire night, check out the UK fireworks safety website.If you are planning a display at home, check out our feature on how to have safe family fireworks at home. If your heading out to a display, read our story on how to keep your child safe at a fireworks display, before you go.
© Immediate Media Company Ltd 2012. This website is owned and published by Immediate Media Company Limited. www.immediatemedia.co.uk