Submitted by MFM reader Amanda-Jayne Rush
8 Maris Piper potatoes
1 medium onion
Splash of milk
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 small tin of sweetcorn in unsalted water
1 tin of tuna in spring water
1 large egg
Carton of ready-made breadcrumbs
1. Peel and chop the potatoes and boil for around 20 minutes, until soft.
2. Meanwhile, finely chop the peppers and onion and gently fry in olive oil.
3. Drain the potatoes and mash with butter and a dash of milk.
4. Stir in the cooked peppers and onions, tuna and sweetcorn.
5. Break egg into a bowl and whisk lightly.
6. Tip breadcrumbs into a separate bowl.
7. Take a handful of potato mixture and shape into a patty.
8. Turn the patty over in the egg to coat both sides, then dip both sides into the breadcrumbs.
9. Fry gently in olive oil until browned - approximately three minutes each side.
Suitable from 12 months. Serves six.
Serve with a green salad or baked beans.
© Immediate Media Company Ltd 2012. This website is owned and published by Immediate Media Company Limited. www.immediatemedia.co.uk