Suitable from 12 months. Makes four portions
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2-1 tsp mild curry paste (to taste)
200g basmati rice
100g frozen peas
100g frozen or tinned sweetcorn
400ml boiling water or vegetable stock
200g cooked salmon fillet
15ml (1 tbsp) of parsley, finely chopped
5ml (1 tsp) of lemon juice
1. Hard boil the eggs for 8-10 minutes and leave them to cool before peeling and cutting them into quarters.
2. Sauté the onion in some olive oil until soft.
3. Add the curry paste, basmati rice, frozen peas and sweetcorn.
4. Pour in the boiling water or stock, bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for about 15-20 minutes until the rice has soaked up the liquid and is tender.
5. Flake the cooked salmon and mix it into the rice. Cook for up to 4 minutes to heat the fish through.
6. Add the eggs, parsley and lemon juice.
Use tinned salmon instead of fresh for speed, or make a traditional kedgeree by using undyed smoked haddock.
© Immediate Media Company Ltd 2012. This website is owned and published by Immediate Media Company Limited. www.immediatemedia.co.uk