Suitable from 12 months. Makes two portions (six kebabs)
For the fruit kebabs:
1 kiwi fruit
For the dipping sauce:
150g plain chocolate
1 tbsp sunflower oil
2 tsps orange juice
1. Cut one orange in half to create the two bases for your kebabs, then gently squeeze some of the juice into a cup, taking care not to damage the shape of the orange halves. Set the juice aside to be used in the dip.
2. Chop up the remaining fruit, peeling and de-seeding if necessary.
3. Thread the chunks of fruit onto six mini bamboo skewers (about 12cm in length), using the green fruit first, followed by the orange and then red.
4. Place each orange half on a plate, cut side down, and stick three ‘traffic lights’ into each half.
5. Break the chocolate into chunks and place in a glass bowl. Heat up a small pan of boiling water then bring it to a simmer and place the bowl over the pan, stirring until the chocolate has melted. Take care not to get water in the melted chocolate mixture.
6. Add the sunflower oil and orange juice, then stir gently. The oil will keep the sauce runnier for longer once it’s cooled down.
7. Spoon the dip into individual pots.
Try using different fruit, such as watermelon or green grapes, for variety. Remove the fruit from the skewers before serving to young children.
© Immediate Media Company Ltd 2012. This website is owned and published by Immediate Media Company Limited. www.immediatemedia.co.uk