Pear and Cinnamon Porridge
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
- 100g Porridge oats
- 150ml Baby's usual milk
- 100ml Water
- 1 Pear or apple, peeled, cored and grated
- A pinch of cinnamon
- STEP 1
Put the oats, water and milk in a small saucepan over a low heat. Simmer gently for about 5 minutes, then stir and simmer for another couple of minutes.
- STEP 2
Take the pan off the heat and stir in the fruit and the cinnamon.
- STEP 3
Make sure it’s cooled down all through before serving to your baby.
- STEP 4
- Grating the fruit makes it mix into the porridge really well.
- For older babies, you could add sultanas as well.
- You don’t need to include sugar as the fruit will sweeten it enough.